Wednesday, November 17, 2004

All I wanted was for voice mail to be free

As I watch mom bitch and moan about the fact that her phone bill is way over every month, I can't help but think that If she just used the phone when she really needed it all would be well. I guess that is always easier said than done. Everything is easier said than done. Mom came home telling me about the fact that the men she was bartending were not treating her right. I think that the avoidence tactic is the best. Frank taught me to walk away at the right moment. Frank says that if someone is talking to you and you know that they are going to continue to talk just laugh and clap your hands and walk away down the bar away from the offender. The person talking gets the hint to shut up cause they snap back to reality and remember that you are at work and they remember you can't talk to them all the time. And it also gives the other person a second to reavaluate their situation and decide to shut up just in time, before they make themselves uncomfortable. That's why when you don't want to answer your phone no one should have to pay for the fact that you and the world needs a time out sometimes.

No comments: