Sunday, December 19, 2004

Party on 207th street

Mom and Frank rode their bikes all the way up town to 207th street to attend a Christmas party without me. The party was at Franks's friends Jenn and Rose's house. There was even another dog there, but I heard that she was not allowed to come out and play because she ate too many baby hot dogs off the table. Good for her, if I was taller I would be doing the same. Sometimes mom puts me up high and I am taller.

Mom told me she got to see parts of NY that she had never seen before, like the west side bike path all the way to the bridge and all the hills that are in upper Manhattan. Which brings up the point that Frank was trying to make, Where did Manhattan get it's name? I did some research to find out, "William Wallace Tooker seems to have done the most thorough research around 1900. He determined that Manahttan probably derives from the Delaware Indian word mannah "island" and the northern Algonquian suffix meaning "hills": hatin, making Manhattan a "hilly island"." So not only did mom bike the farthest she ever has, but she learned something too.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Babe,
I'm so glad to hear that I wasn't talking out of my ass about the Manhatten thing! I was getting a little worried that I had totally screwed that up.

Frank