Thursday, June 30, 2005

Amish

Last night mom was sitting outside in the aftermath of a storm. At night is when you get bitten my the most mosquito's. Mom also saw a track bike poser.
And to cap the last night off, tai food and a documentary about the Amish were ingested.
The Documentary is called "The Devil's Playground",

and it centers around Rumspringa the Amish rite of passage which begins when an Amish child reaches 16 years of age, and continues until they decide whether or not they want to join or leave the Amish church. Um, pretty good idea to let them choose, but it is a hugh culture shock to go from no exposure of the "English" world, to going to GODSMACK concerts.
It is fascinating to me to watch 16-21 year old Amish kids party their brains out in rural places. It is a life that I will never know.

I am also glad that mom does not wear Amish style clothing, it would be very hard to bike in that long dress.

My question is, why hasn't someone come up with an Amish bike, and done extensive marketing soley to the Amish? That is a gold mine If you ask me. The rely heavily on bicycles (and the horse and buggy. )

P.S. Rick and Katie got engaged (they are co-founders with mom of their theatre co. REDSTAR Productions) and mom gets to got to their fun party tonight! Congrats Guys!

6 comments:

Emily Farris said...

Wouldn't a girl's bike with a low crossbar be considered an Amish bike?

Big Tom said...

yeah totally, but I was thinking about a bike that was totally Amish, with special carring cases for what they carry, and tires for their unpaves roads, stuff like that.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for offering this great service to learn about source electronics. I have a website about source electronics which makes me very interested in what you have going here. I think I am going to start up my own blog so I can spread the news! Thanks you are offering this great service!

Anonymous said...

Good design!
[url=http://gmrrdqbr.com/fixj/zoip.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://rjiyqihb.com/ctee/vqnt.html]Cool site[/url]

Anonymous said...

Nice site!
My homepage | Please visit

Anonymous said...

Well done!
http://gmrrdqbr.com/fixj/zoip.html | http://wfvnndit.com/iugb/lotq.html