Sunday, May 08, 2005

A dinner party / 10 miles down / 2 sausages / and an apartment with a roommate

That is what mom's weekend was like. Friday night was fun mom had Frank and two of her friends Rick and Katie over and made a post Cinco de Mayo vegetarian taco feast. They also celebrated all of Frank's hard work to get a lease signed for a huge office move he is in charge of at Transportation Alternatives! How Cool is he in this pic!

The next day the morning was spent laying around, (but I got to go for a walk), and Then they went and fixed the rear tires of their bikes which were both out.

Next came the crazy part. Mom met her friend Shannon on 69th street and the west side Highway for their biggest run to date, 10 miles! It was near the end of their run that mom discovered that she was totally prepared for the half marathon on Saturday!
She went home / played with me on the roof, showered and got on her bike to go and meet Frank and quench her craving for hot dogs. They cooked dinner and then went off to a bar in Brooklyn named Capones. It is one of those bars owned by the same people who own / The Lyric / The Alligator Lounge / The Abby / The Cellar, the point being that they had free Pizza. So they ate more.
The next day since mom is looking to move to an apartment in Brooklyn she went to go see this place that was a huge loft space. She loved everything about it, except for the fact that it was not her space, it was this guy's space, and she would go from her own space to penciling in when she could watch TV and not having control of cleanliness. She would be reverting back to dorm life! Yuck.
That was the weekend! All and all fun, Sunday night was the best for me cause mom pet me for 5 hours strait while she watched TV ending in "Grey's Anatomy" a great show! her legs were too tired to move so she sat there all night!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow you ran for a long time! What is Frank trying to do with that bike?

Anonymous said...

At that particular moment in time, I was trying to work out my balance enough to go to do a no handed track stand. Not pictured is Charlotte, underage messsenger queen, coaching me on how to do it.

Frank

Anonymous said...

what is a messenger queen? And I'm sorry but I am not sure what a track stand is? I guess it's cause I don't own a bike.

Anonymous said...

Deaw Piggy,
Pwease, I too wove to sit and watch TV wif me mom on sunday nights. Howevur, we wove to watch Deadwood. You evur see dat?

Wove,
Missy