Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Boycott

Mom is in her training session now for the half marathon that she is going to be running on May 12th. She went for a 6 mile run last night, and as usual all she had on her was her keys and like 20$. When she was done with her run, she wanted to get dinner, the deli on Bleeker that is next to the CVS was looking mighty good.

She went in there and ordered a roast beef sandwich and grabbed 2 beers out of the case. She went up to wait for the sandwich to be ready and the man (who she sees every day of her life). Told her he needed to see ID for the beers. WHAT! Mom laughed and said "that's funny, you see me every day, I'm 25 and I don't have my ID with me". The man was not budging, he brought the sandwich guy over and asked him if he'd ever seen me before, and (well I know he has) but he said No! Mom was getting so pissed, she was hungry, it was raining and all she wanted to do was eat her sandwich and drink her beer on her couch and watch "24". But the man was not giving her the beer, and so mom point blank said. "I come in here every day, I am 25 years old, I live next door, I am not a cop, I just went running and so I don't have my ID on me can you help me out"? The man looked right at her and said "no, no ID no Beer". Mom looked the man in the face so frustrated and angry dripping with sweat and rain, and said "you just made a huge mistake, you have lost my business forever!" She stormed out and started to cry, ran to another deli and got what she wanted!
It is amazing to me that under different circumstances mom would have just said ok I'll go get my ID, but it was the principle and the fact she just ran 6 miles and her hunger was fueling her. I guess the lesson is in order to always get what you want, when you want you have to have your ID with you!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

That deli owner didn't know how lucky he was. You were tired and emotional and hungry after running 6 miles. If you had just come back from a power lifting session, you would have climbed over the counter an beaten the snot out of that guy.

Frank

Kris said...

Six miles! Pretty impressive. Fuck the Deli guy, I am sure he has a 50% markup on his beer anyway. Why did you want beer after a six mile run anyway?

Big Tom said...

um she wanted beer cause by god after 6 miles mom can have whatever she wants to put in her body! She earned it.

Anonymous said...

Darned tootin'! There's nothing better than a beer after a nice long run.

Kris said...

ugggh... I would want a powerade - the blue one. Beer is good with mexican food!

Anonymous said...

Beer is not only good with Mexican Food, and speaking of the wrong thing to eat after working out . . .Mexican food would be it!