Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Rant

I have a hard time understanding the gravity of devastation unless it happens to me.

I feel like my upset feelings manifest themselves in everything other than what I should be upset at.

I feel awful about all the storms and flooding in the Louisiana area, it is not fair and scary to think about what those people must be going through. I am mildly relieved that it did not happen in New York. I also wonder if all the swamps, creatures and the alligators are all now mixing and roaming the seas together.

Sometimes I am afraid to get to excited because then I feel as if something bad will happen.

I am also afraid to feel emotions too deeply, so I won't get too attached and then hurt when something happens.

I wish that some people could not make it so hard to be friends with.

I can't understand why fathers don't understand the power that they have over the emotional state of their children, and the effect they have on one's idea of trust. Fathers should known that every wrong move they make just fucks up their children more.

Love is an action, not an assumption.

2 comments:

Daniel said...

pretty serious stuff esp coming from a dog. i agree with some of what you said. you sure youre not jewish? u got the whole neurotic jewish thing down pretty good.

Big Tom said...

ya my mom's jewish